Monday, October 8, 2012

Week 39 of the Year of Polish Challenge: Holoween Dry Marble


So Dry Marbling...good in theory but not so good in application!   While the Dry Marble method saves you on cleanup you need a lot of time and patience to let the marbles dry.  Essentially, you paint on a clear coat on a plastic baggie.  Then you paint on your base color.  In my case, I used Wet N Wild Black Creme.  I let that layer dry and then painted on another very generous layer of Black Creme.  Before it dried I dropped dots of Layla Ultraviolet and Sinful Colors Clementine and swirled all of the colors together.   After letting the decals dry, I pulled them (GENTLY) off the plastic.  I painted my nails with a clear coat and the applied the decals to each nail.  I cut down the edges to fit my nails and cleaned up any straggly edges with acetone.   I don't think I would do dry marbling very often but I like the practice of making decals on plastic.   I will do decals again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment