Friday, January 11, 2013

Fashion Inspired Nails: Altuzarra and Marc Jacobs Spring 2013


Wacky Laki had a fashion inspired nail art contest recently and I made two entries.  I ultimately decided to go with the Altuzarra entry but both of these designs turned out to be some of the best stamping I've done!

I used butter London Wallis and WnW Black Creme to do this design and stamped with Mash plate 39.  I am not a huge fan of Wallis but I love how this design turned out on my nails!




 Next, I have nails inspired by this incredible Marc Jacobs dress.  This is such a perfect mixture of black and white patterns.  I know I could never pull this off with clothes but it made for some very cool nail art.   I used Bundle Monster plates to make this look with WnW Black Creme and Sinful Colors Snow Me White and topped off  the nails with Sinful Colors Pearl Harbor.



No, I didn't win the contest...there were so many awesome entries so competition was fierce!  But I had fun and impressed myself and THAT is the important thing for a stressed out grad student :)

1 comment:

  1. My favorite is the Altuzarra entry - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete