Thursday, February 7, 2013

Above the Curve Prototype Holos

I recently was able to buy two Above the Curve prototype polishes.  Unfortunately, the supplies used to make these polishes are no longer easily acquired so Above The Curve only made a small amount to sell.

First, I have Prototype Purple.  Prototype Purple is a vibrant purple holo polish with blue and purple shimmering flecks. 



As you can see from the following pics, Prototype Purple's holo is scattered and brilliant.  I am wearing three coats for full coverage with one generous coat of Seche Vite.





Purple is my favorite color and purple holos are a particular favorite finish of polish I love to collect.  Prototype Purple is a great addition to my holo stash.  The polish mixers at Above the Curve are truly exceptional.

Next, I have Prototype Blue, also a scattered holo with pink and blue shimmering flecks.




This polish also took three, thin coats to get full coverage and the effect is worth the drying time.
I topped it with Seche Vite and let the holos fly off my nails.   Like purple, I am a bit of a fool for blue polishes thus Prototype Blue is also a very nice addition to my holo collection.






The verdict?  I am very sad that this polish will not be readily available to other holo lovers but I am glad I was able to get them.  Console yourselves with the fact that there will always be other innovative holographic polishes you will be lemming for.   That is what is so great about indie polishes and polish makers...they always astound.


No comments:

Post a Comment