Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Essence and Indie Tuesday: essence date in the moonlight and Two Birds, One Store's Just Keep Swimming



I know, I know...my first two E&I Tuesday offerings were full of girly purples and pinks so today I went darker and not-so-girly with essence colour and go date in the moonlight and Two Birds, One Store's Just Keep Swimming.



date in the moonlight is a dark, deep blue polish with blue shimmers.  Like most essence colour and go polishes, date in the moonlight gives full coverage in a single coat and dries lightning quick.






I acquired Just Keep Swimming in a blog sale months ago and this is the first time I've worn it.  It is suspended in a clear base and packed with yellow square microglitters, small black and blue square glitters, and large white square glitters.  Below, I have about two coats of JKS and I had to fish for some of the large white squares.   I like how unusual this glitter polish is...its not what I would call pretty but its very visually striking and interesting.   Not my usual pick for nails but this weekly post is all about getting me and you to see examples of two different polishes and how they come together.  In this case, these two polishes get along famously! 



Its always fun to apply a matte topcoat to my glitter manis.  I like to show you mattefied manicures because taking away the shiny finish on glitters really shows the detailed make-up of the indie polish on top:)  


Unfortunately, I don't see Just Keep Swimming available for sale on the Two Birds, One Store etsy store but it never hurts to ask, plus go and take a look at all their other pretty polishes!  Happy Tuesdays, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment