Friday, May 25, 2012

Classic Daisy Nails

I love black nail polish, I really do...but I have to embellish it.  Plain black polish reminds me too much of 90s goth.  You also know I love free handed flowers on my nails so I came up with these nails.





I started with a layer of Orly Bonder Rubberized Base Coat on each nail.  I then painted my nails with two coats of Ebony Hates Chris.  Next I used a small nail art brush and made daisy flowers with White On.  After all the flowers dried, I ran over them with Tokyo Pearl to add a pearlized look to each petal.  While Tokyo Pearl was still wet, I dropped a gold microbead in the middle of each flower and pressed them in slightly.  Last, I applied two layers of top coat. 

These were exactly what I envisioned and they are very cute:)

4 comments:

  1. I love this mani! Great job free handing those daisies! How did you place that micro bead so perfectly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so freaking cute! I love how great they turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ya'll!

    @BeautyScraps--to place the microbeads in specific spots, I make sure the polish is wet in the area I want the bead. I dump a small amount of bead onto a plastic bag (for easy, no waste cleanup). I then wet my smallest nail brush with water or clear polish and pick up a single bead and place it where I want it. I give it a little press into the polish with my thumb nail and coat the entire nail with at least two layers of top coat.

    @Jenna--yeah...but Im going to buy a smaller brush for more petals...daisies should have a lot more petals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete