Saturday, May 5, 2012

Glittery Rollin' in the Deep (Ocean) Nails

In tandem with my most recent nails, Hawaiian Nails, I also did a super easy mani that reminds me of the bottom of the ocean on my right hand.  Oh, that dreaded right hand ;-/  Anyway, it only took three polishes to accomplish and I am quite proud of the results!  I call these nails Rollin' in the Deep (Ocean) Nails:)




(above pic in natural sunlight)



After applying no less than two thin coats of Inkblot Blue to base-coated nails and letting the polish dry, I then added one coat of Sally Girl's Iridescent glitter.  Next, I sponged on Across the Universe onto the tips of my nails and half way up. Its ok that Across the Universe glitter is suspended in a black base because the black polish dries a sheer smoky color and barely tints the polish underneath.  The green and teal glitters really pop on Inkblot Blue.   Last I did a generous swish of Chunky Silver on a note card and used a toothpick to pick up large and small hex glitters and placed them in random arched lines of three to simulate bubbles. 

The only thing I would do differently is add more layers of topcoat so that the finish is smoother but I am very happy with these nails.  Striking!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this it is rather cute. I love the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute nails! I gave you some awards at my blog! Click on my name for the link. Congrats :D

    ReplyDelete