Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wicked Inspired Corset Mani--Week 8 of the Year of Polish Challenge

One of my favorite musicals of all time is Wicked.  I finally got around to buying Sinful Colors Innocent which is a lovely neon froggy green and I had this Corset Challenge so I married all of these notions and dreamed up these cute nails.


Innocent, I warn you, does not photograph easy.   With flash, pictures of it look very yellow so both pictures here are color boosted in Picnik to show you an accurate color.


This is free-handed completely.  I didn't have the patience to wait until two coats of Innocent fully dried to use my half-moon stickers.  I just winged it.  With a small nail art brush, I made two curving lines that almost intersected to form a half moon at the top of my nails in Ebony Hates Chris.  From those lines I made two straight lines that ended at the edge of my nails, leaving a thin line of Innocent between the two corset parts.   Next, using White On, I dotted corset holes on each side of the corset and used the lovely Flying Dragon for the corset laces. Elphaba would be proud to wear this corset and it probably would make her "popular" without Glinda's help!

2 comments: