Thursday, February 2, 2012

Betsey Johnson Inspired Roses Nails

I love Betsey Johnson, as seen by Betsey Johnson Leopard and Roses Nails and Betsey Johnson State Fair Print Nails!  Her prints are so bright and cool.  Betsey frequently does rose prints with a velvet burnout feel and that is what these nails are inspired by.


First, I painted my nails with two coats of Cream Pink over a base coat. 


Next, I did random uneven splotches of Planks A Lot with a nail art brush leaving room for the other color of roses.


I, then did more random, uneven splotches of Why Not with a nail art brush in the leftover room on each nail.


I used Metallic Purple and Metallic Aqua polishes to accent the blue and purple roses.  I then used Limestone and Metallic Green to make leaves. 


I topped my nails off with the very important, protective top coat from Pro FX Complete 3. 


I love pattern nails but I'm going to start changing them up so that every nail, while contributing to the pattern theme, is different from the other.  These nails are super cute and bright and have my favorite colors in them.   I'm loving how they turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Those look amazing! I love Betsy Johnson's patterns too. You really nailed it (pun intended)! LOL!

    ReplyDelete