Saturday, November 19, 2011

Nails Imitating Art

I've been following the artist, Natasha Westcoat on Facebook ever since I happened on to her website.  I fell IN LOVE with her tree paintings.  Its my fondest wish to have an original painting.  I think I will one day soon!   If you love her paintings, please add her as a facebook friend AND buy her paintings.  They are now sold as prints in all kinds of stores!  I was inspired by one particular painting from Natasha called "Gold Coast" and you can see it below.


 

The nails I came up with based off the above painting were these....


I used a Sinful Colors Snow me white base, Revlon Gold Coin  for the hills, mixture of Stripes Black, Essie Licorice, and Wet n Wild black for outline, trees and black dots, and multiple other colors for rest of dots.  The bulk of the art was accomplished by a nail art brush but the dots were formed from two or three different sized dotting tools.

My nail art can be influenced from paintings, fabric, graphics, books, movies, wall paper, photos, and even music videos.  Pull your nail art influences from things you love too, and you'll always love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment