Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Print Inspiration for Nail Art

As I've said before, nail art ideas can strike me at the oddest times and truthfully seeing the strangest patterns can also get the creative polish flowing. 

I saw the print below while searching for background images and instantly decided I wanted the design on my nails. 




The only problem I really had was at the time, I didn't have a single grey polish to use.  I decided the next best thing (or even better thing) was to use silver polish as my background color.


So after applying a clear basecoat, I applied one coat of Sally Hansen's Xtremewear Celeb City.  I then used two different sized dotting tools to make random, but connected dot patterns on each nails in Sinful Colors' Snow Me White.   I then filled in the middle of each dot with the three colors I had that most closely matched the colors in the print.  In my case, it was China Glaze's For Audrey, Sinful Colors' Why Not, and Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Lickety Split Lime, taking care to leave a ring of white background behind each dot.   This print would look so great in other colors.  Have fun mixing and be sure to send me pics of your results.

No comments:

Post a Comment