Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Nails inspired by Gaga's "You & I" Video

I love Lady Gaga and I don't care who knows it.  Her crazy fashion and killer songs are so inspirational!  One of my favorite songs right now is "You & I" and I adore the music video for it!  I saw the video and immediately sketched out a quick design for nails. 


So for the thumb I used a base with KleanColor's Metallic Green and did a scale design over that in Revlon's Gold Coin to represent Gaga's mermaid tail.  On my index finger, I used a base of Sinful Colors' Vacation Time  and outlined my entire nail with Essie's Black Licorice and then filled in the stripes to simulate her black hat.   The middle finger has a China Glaze's For Audrey base with the words "You And I" written in Essie's Black Licorice.  It was covered with Sally Hansen's Xtremewear In the Spotlight glitter.  On my ring finger I wanted to simulate the corn field from the video and started with KleanColor's Metallic Sapphire and filled in with swishes of InstaDri's Lickety Split Lime.  Last, filled in my pinky nail with a coat of China Glaze's For Audrey and used Essie's Black Licorice to paint in stripes inspired by Gaga and her dancers strappy costumes.  I sealed them all with a topcoat and voila! Gaga's You and I nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment