Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Print Inspiration, Yet Again...Retro Polka Dots from a Myspace Layout image

Since getting dotting tools in the mail about an month ago, you can tell I've been busy dreaming up or being inspired to used the tools in new ways.  I was inspired by the Myspace layout found here, the layout entitled "Pink and Black Rings."  I did not like the jacks-like images throughout the layout or the thin rings nor did I like the colors much.  Moreover, I had just gotten in my 2nd Julep Maven box that had three Julep polishes, including a sexy navy blue called Michelle.  I decided that Julep's Michelle would be my base color.


After applying the base color, I used Sinful Colors' Snow Me White, Dream On (Fuchsia), and Love Nails to make random circular and oval dots with differently sized dotting tools.   I then filled in the dots with the same colors and the base color.  It seemed to work out ok but I think perhaps I need a steadier hand!  Applied a topcoat, and that was that!

No comments:

Post a Comment