Sunday, January 15, 2012

Color Block Manicure: Another Year of Polish Challenge

While trolling for great shoes recently, the following darlings caught my eye....



I knew that I had a Color Block Manicure coming up for my next Year of Polish Challenge and I loved these colors together so with a little extra bling, I put some nails together inspired by these shoes.



To do these nails, I first applied Julep's Nail Therapy as my base coat.  I then applied two coats of Grey Suede to each nail.  Next, I used Kiss Black Striping Polish to make thin, relatively straight lines on random parts of my nail and used Black Creme to fill in the black shapes.  I then used Mon Cherry for the red parts, using a striper brush to draw in the lines first and filled in the rest with the polish brush.  Most people would stop here...but you all know that I have to go that extra mile and it usually involves some glitter!

I used a nail art brush dipped in Cha-Ching! and traced over the red sections.  Last, using Glitz Gal, I covered the black sections in the same manner.  I like how the Gem Crush polishes not only tone down the color block but add that sparkle we all know and love.  Can't wait to use more Gem Crush glitter polish in my nail art!  More to come soon!





3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I really love how yours turned out, it's beautiful :) Well done ! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this mani girl! And those shoes are spectacular! I'm a sucker for glitter and I want the Gems line so bad but I have to wait. I spent a ton on getting caught up on all my holiday polish coloections and then got sucked into the after Christmas sales UUUGH! I will just have to admire yours from a distance :D btw, I just put up my week 3 too (but I did mondrian style).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! Love! Love! That boot is sexy as all get out, and your mani is great!

    ReplyDelete