Monday, January 30, 2012

Lily Pad Nails

These nails were a bit of process that started out the night I did the Starry Night Nails.


I wasn't really thrilled with the test but I was hoping that the nails would turn out better than the test run.





To do these nails, I started off with prepped, base coated nails.  Next I placed dots of Austin-tatious Turquoise, Tokyo Pearl, and Why Not on each nail and used a toothpick to swirl the colors. Next, I used Metallic Green to freehand different sized lily pads and used Limestone to draw in accent lines around the lily pad.  Next, I used Snow Me White to freehand lotus flowers.  Next, I used Cream Pink to add some pink color to the lotus and placed some iridescent glitter over each flower.  Last, I topped them off with some ProFX Complete 3 topcoat.

Overall, these nails turned out more artistic than I planned and the only thing missing is come koi fish...ohhh, ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment