There are tutorials on how to do this all over Youtube so please check if you want to know how to do it. Since I didn't have rubbing or drinking alcohol and water didn't seem to work I, um.. improvised!
Yep, this girl adapts! I used astringent from my medicine cabinet:)
For these nails, I painted each nail with two coats of Skull & Glossbones. After the nails were completely dry, I soaked each nail in the astringent for several seconds and then applied pieces of cut up newspaper. I repeated the process with each nail and filled in the spots that didn't take with more newspaper. To protect the newspaper ink, I coated each nail with Julep's Fast Drying Top Coat and then added a touch of SallyGirl iridescent glitter for some shine.
Pretty good for a first try! Can't wait to experiment more with this process:)