Friday, January 27, 2012

Symbols of Peace Nails

These nails are something I've been mulling over and finally sat down to do.   I do love my causes!





After prepping my nails with a protective base coat of Pro FX Complete 3, I painted three nails (thumb, index, and ring fingernails) with two coats of Julep's Amy.  I painted the remaining nails with two coats of Snow Me White.  Once polish was dry, I free handed a dove shape onto my index and ring fingernails in Snow Me White.  To add sheen, I glossed over each dove with Tokyo Pearl.  I used Black on Black for the single dove eye on each dove.  I then used Julep's Michelle, a fabulous navy, to outline each dove shape. On my middle and pinkie fingernails, I used Golden-I to freehand the olive branches. Using Julep's Selena, I drew in a couple of oval circles for the olives.  Finally, I used Julep's Diane for the olive branch leaves and to outline the olives.   On my thumb nail, I used a nail art brush and gently patted on Snow Me White and Tokyo Pearl in a peace symbol shape to get the cloudy effect.  Once all the art was mostly dry, I covered each nail with Julep's Fast Drying Top Coat. 

I love how these turned out, especially my doves.  Unfortunately, now "This is what it sounds like when the doves cry..." is in my head for the remainder of the night *sigh*.










2 comments:

  1. I love the cute little doves you've done :) I wish I could do something like that. I've tagged you in the Nail Polish Tag on my blog. Check it out at charlottes-nails.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!! I must try do that as well. Could you visit my blog? If you want we can follow each other. Cheers

    ReplyDelete