Thursday, December 8, 2011

Burt's Bees Nails

One of my favorite brands of chapstick and lip color is Burt's Bees. My favorite products are the Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm tubes and Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers!  I saw the little bee design on their website and came up with a quick design.



Polishes used:
Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl
Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar
Sinful Colors Let's Meet
Revlon's Gold Coin

First I have to say that the second picture is a more accurate representation of the base color used on these nails.  Something (or someone, me) was off in the first picture.  So I started with a clear basecoat and then painted each nail save one thumb with one coat of Tokyo Pearl, otherwise known as a pearly white.  I did that to make the Let's Meet shimmery yellow polish pop.  Mission Accomplished!  I then painted my one thumb nail with Sugar Sugar, a shimmery red.  I carefully painted the letters to spell "BURT'S" on the hand with all yellow nails and then painted the letters "BEES" on the other hand, using Sugar Sugar as the polish.  Last, I freehanded the bee design in Gold Coin polish on my red polished thumb nail.  I coated every nail witha protective clear topcoat.  

I love Burt's Bees and I think I love these nails too!

No comments:

Post a Comment