Saturday, December 10, 2011

Outta This World Galaxy Nails

Galaxy nails are one nail art trend that I really like and keep seeing.  What is cooler than space?  Nothing!  So I had to take a stab and space-ify my nails.



Polishes Used:
Kleancolor Metallic Aqua
Kleancolor Metallic Purple
Sinful Colors Secret Admirer
Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty
Wet N Wild Kaleidoscope
Revlon Gold Coin
Sally Girl chunky Gold glitter




I really need to get a better camera because these pictures do not do these nails justice!  First I started with a shimmery black base color with Secret Admirer.  I then used a makeup sponge to deposit small areas of color with first the Metallic Purple, then Metallic Aqua, and finally, Gold Coin.  Unfortunately, the aqua doesn't show up much in the picture but its there!   I then used a sponge to put in areas with first Kaleidoscope glitter then Queen of Beauty glitter.  Last I put in larger random pieces of Gold glitter with my dotting tool. 

*Tip*  If I had them to do over again, I would try to heavily concentrate the small glitter in the middle of the nail.  I did manage to get most of the glitter near the middle but on some nails I probably should have used smaller pieces of sponge.  I think that this little detail would make all the difference!


I do want to note that I am going to try to start watermarking photos from this site from now on.  I found an awesome tutorial by BloggingwithAmy on Youtube that teaches you how to use the free site Picnik to watermark.  So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment