Monday, December 5, 2011

Swirling Snow Nails

I have been wanting to do winter nails but the only designs I keep seeing involve snowflakes and/or dots.  Since we just receieved several inches of the white stuff in Denver (not to mention single digit temperatures) I have been toying with the idea of swirling snow patterns on my nails.  Here is what I came up with...




Polishes Used:

Sinful Colors Midnight Blue
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty glitter
Sinful Colors Hottie glitter
KleanColors Chunky Silver glitter

After applying a clear basecoat, I applied one coat of Midnight Blue to each nail.  I then poured out some Snow Me White polish and dabbed a small nail art brush into it, blotting away the excess on a paper towel.  I then started making swirly patterns on each nail using the brush almost like a tiny sponge blotting on dabs of white polish.  I then cleaned and used the same brush to place large pieces of Chunky Silver glitter throughout each swirl.   I also painted over the swirl with the much smaller Queen of Beauty silver glitter.  The nails still needed something so I pulled out Hottie a blue and irredescent glitter and applied over each nail.  Last, I applied a clear topcoat.

Overall, I think these nails were exactly what I was looking for to break the monotony of winter nails.  Plus, I can't convey how much I love glitter polish.  These Swirly Snow nails are a hit!

5 comments:

  1. I love this design! I am a total winter queen and if you were anywhere near me would pay you to paint my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Medusa :0) I have yet to paint anyone else's nails but my own. Looking forward to some of my friends being guinea pigs for my nail art!

    ReplyDelete