Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Mexico Sunset Nails

My husband and I made a last minute decision to drive to Texas for a very short visit with our North Texas families last week.  On the way back home through Hwy 287 last night, we ran into an amazing sunset with golds, oranges, blues, and purples.  The moon was a clear crescent and there was a single star right beside it and the landscape of mountains and abandoned farms set black in the background.  I thought what a great set of nails the scene would be.




First, I did a Snow Me White base color over a clear base coat.  I then applied Metallic Purple with a cosmetic sponge at the top of my nails.  I then applied Brisk Blue as my second gradient color and Metallic Yellow as my last gradient color.  I then used Raven to draw in the shadow landscaping at the base of each nail including a lone windmill on my pinkie nail.  I used some more Snow Me White to draw in a crescent moon and stars in the sky.  Last, I applied bits of Luna to the stars and moon for a little bit of sparkle and gave each nail a protective top coat of Julep's Fast Drying Topcoat.

If you ever find yourself on Hwy 287 between Raton, NM and Clayton, NM be on the lookout for some of these shapes and try not to miss the sunset!  I am especially proud of my little windmill...

No comments:

Post a Comment