Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pet Adoption Nails for my favorite cause!

  I am not knocking purebreds and breeders.  I do think they have their place, however overpriced and overbred some poor animals can be.  I do advocate for people to consider adopting a pet from a shelter.  My beloved mixed breed, Cassidy, has truly been the best dog I've ever parented.  Cassidy is a 6 year old Brittany Spaniel/Terrier mix that knows over 30 tricks and commands.  She speaks, growls, high fives, twirls, rolls over, jumps, fetches, begs, and bows.  Not to mention she loves me to pieces!  Cassidy was also adopted from a shelter at a Petsmart adoption event.  It was one of the best decisions I've made:0)  Cassidy also does not escape from my nail polish hobby.   The picture below is her recently sporting Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Brisk Blue.  Never fear, I have cleared all polishes with my vet!



So for my Adopt design, I wanted to incorporate paw prints, kitty cats, and hearts.  Below is what I came up with...


Polishes Used:
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Sinful Colors Nirvana
Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar
Wet N' Wild's Black Cream

After applying a clear basecoat, I painted each nail with two coats of Snow Me White.  I then painted a paw print on the first nail and a cat silhouette on the last nail in Nirvana, a muted brown.  I also drew a heart in Sugar Sugar on the middle nail.  Finally I drew in the letters "A", "d", "p", and "t" on the respective nails in Black Creme with the middle,. red heart subbing for the "o."  Last, I outlined the cat silhouette with Black Creme also.  I think stamped paw prints from an image plate would also look very cute!  I finished with a clear, protective topcoat. 

These nails turned out soo cute and meaningful!  Please adopt a shelter pet and have no regrets!

1 comment:

  1. We love both our rescue boxer, Roxy and our shelter kitty,(who we got from a PetSmart weekend adoption event), Goldfish. Great cause to support, so glad I stumbled upon your blog!

    ReplyDelete