Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 Aqua Holo Glitter Nails -- My last post of 2011

I hope all you lovelies have a great end of 2011 and start off 2012 with positivity, energy, and love!  I've already posted some 2012 nails but with Julep polishes arriving today, my nails screamed for an NYE celebration. 

Out of the three new Julep polishes, I chose Megan.  I am a sucker for blue, aqua, and teal polishes and Megan is not only shimmery aqua but very pigmented so two coats turned out beautifully and covered my nails with ease.  Check out my swatch...



As you now know, I simply cannot stop at just polish so I did a sponge applied glitter gradient using Kaleidoscope.  I then drew in 2012 on my four main nails in Snow Me White with a nail art brush.  Last but not least, I used Julep's Fast Drying Top Coat to seal it all in!



*Tip* Putting on a top coat not only protects your glitter or nail art but I find that it takes away some of the roughness that glitter polish can produce on your nails.  You don't want to walk around feeling like you have sand paper on your nails, right?!  Use a top coat and smooth out those tips!


Happy New Year, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment