Friday, December 2, 2011

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland Nail Art

While rewatching Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, I was inspired to come up with some nail art.  I have to say that the graphics, effects, costuming, and colors in the film are stunning.  I absolutely love Johnny Depp as the Hatter and the Cheshire Cat's image.  I simply had to put them on nails with a favorite quote from the movie, "We're All Mad Here."


Polishes Used:
Sinful Colors Why Not-Base nail color
Kiss Nail Art Black-All outlines and letters
Sinful Colors Secret Admirer-Hatter hat
Sinful Colors Snow Me White-image bases, hare ears, Hatter hat label, Cat teeth
Sinful Colors Cloud 9-Hatter hair
Insta-Dri's Pronto Purple-Hatter hat sash
Sinful Colors San Francisco-Cat eyes
China Glaze's Recycle-Mouse color
Petite's French Pink-Mouse inner ear
Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby-Queen's lips
Sephora by OPI's Sparktacular Top Coat-dabbed in and around design

I wish I could give detailed instructions on how to do these nails but really, it was all freehand.  Just have an idea about what shape you want and keep a steady hand.  A tiny nail art brush also helps tremendously.   The main tip I offer is to use white as a base color for images, even on lighter colors so your polish colors show true.  I did an outline of the mouse ears in white first and then applied the grey and pink polishes.  Had I not, the mouse ears would not have shown up as well.   Anyway, I love how these turned out and plan to do some more nail art in the future involving those Cheshire Cat features.  We ARE all mad here...about nail art and polishes!


No comments:

Post a Comment